For the majority of my early 20's, my life looked like this:
- I'm having a good day. Maybe my borderline personality disorder is cured.
- Feeling great.
- I text someone who is a really great friend.
- They don't respond.
- I start to feel anxious. Stupid, even.
- Hours go by. I begin to wonder if they even care about me.
- My good day is slowly turning into a shit day.
- Now my laptop isn't turning on.
- Everything is falling apart. I hate myself.
- Cue mental breakdown.
Does this cycle sound familiar? These are roughly the steps that lead up to a full-on splitting episode that comes with living with borderline personality disorder. While I can't ensure that the episodes don't come, I can take lots of preventative measures so I do minimal damage.
I created a Crisis Management Plan.
Inside this crisis management plan, I included:
- How to figure out if you're about to split
- What to do in case you do split
- How others should help you during a split
- What to do after you start splitting
- Creating better therapy sessions
- Tracking your medication
- Creating a space for happiness
To grab the crisis management plan, enter your e-mail address below.